This easy pumpkin eggnog is an autumn take on the classic winter cocktail, and is ready start-to-finish in about 10 minutes.
Do you love eggnog?
The thick, creamy drink is one of the husband's favorites.
When he sees the cartons start to appear in the dairy aisle in late fall, his eyes light up, and I know the eggnog guzzling is about to begin.
If you too are craving eggnog cocktails, this is one of my favorite versions.
This particular drink isn't just easy: it's even BETTER than regular old eggnog because, well — because it has pumpkin!
Should I Use Homemade or Store-Bought Eggnog?
I prefer it homemade, but as long as you love the flavor of your store-bought 'nog, it'll work just fine.
Can I Skip the Bourbon?
Eggnog is tasty with or without the alcohol.
What Can I Do with Leftover Pumpkin Eggnog?
If you want to make it really decadent, try blending it with some vanilla ice cream and make it into a milkshake!
Making Pumpkin Eggnog
All you need is eggnog, pumpkin purée, bourbon and a little bit of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.
Use an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to whisk the ingredients together until it's foamy.
Next, pour the mixture into glasses and sip away on this tasty fall cocktail!
- Electric hand mixer or Stand mixer
- 2 cups eggnog
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 ounces bourbon Use more or less as desired
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more to garnish Or use pumpkin pie spice
- Using a stand basin or electric beater, whisk together the eggnog, pumpkin purée, bourbon and nutmeg. Whisk until frothy.
- Pour into two glasses and (optionally) dust with more nutmeg. Serve immediately.Eggnog will store well for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. If storing and serving later, remix with electric hand mixer or whisk prior to serving.