This Lemon Spinach Pasta with Mushrooms is a vegan-friendly dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes!
Who says healthy, delicious meals have to be time consuming?
I like to have several recipes that are incredibly easy and fast for nights when I simply do not have the time for a complicated dinner. My goal for these recipes is that they are faster than takeout-– about 20 minutes or less.
Making Lemon Spinach Pasta
To make this Lemon Spinach Pasta with Mushrooms, start by heating up a big pot of salted water until it reaches a rolling boil.
While your water is heating up, sauté the mushrooms in a little butter or olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and spinach. Cover the pan to allow the spinach to slightly wilt, and take it off the heat.
Take the pasta out of the water about 2 minutes before it’s done cooking. Pull it straight from the pan, shake off a little of the water, and add it to the pan with the spinach and mushrooms.
Toss the pasta and veggies until everything is combined, and then toss in some sesame seeds and almonds for protein. If you want, add some Parmesan (or vegan Parmesan).
Serve this easy vegetarian meal right away!
Want more PASTA recipes? Try these:
- Scallop Pasta Recipe: Fra Diavolo
- Spinach Mac and Cheese with Pesto
- Seafood Macaroni and Cheese with Sardines
Want more QUICK AND EASY DINNER recipes? Try these:
Lemon Spinach Pasta with Mushrooms
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 TB butter (or sub olive oil)
- 4 oz baby portobellos, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1 TB sesame seeds
- Optional: freshly grated Parmesan OR vegan Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook al dente-- this means you'll stop cooking it 1-2 minutes BEFORE the package directions tell you too.
- In large pan, sauté butter on medium heat, 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and sauté until browned.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and spinach. Lower heat to low. Cover pan and allow spinach to wilt, tossing occasionally.
- When pasta is done cooking, use tongs or pasta serving spoon to pull pasta straight out of the water, gently shake off excess water, and set it into the pot with the spinach. Toss pasta with spinach on low heat, incorporating sauce with pasta, and allowing spinach to finish wilting.
- Toss almonds and sesame seeds into pasta, and serve immediately. Add Parmesan if desired..
Recipe Adapted from: Taste of Home