These vegan-friendly Veggie Wraps with Buffalo Cauliflower are filled with roasted, flavorful cauliflower, and piled high with fresh veggies!
It seems like spring is coming early this year, and I'm standing here, ready to welcome it back with open arms! Is it here to stay? Will winter return with an icy vengeance?
Only time will tell. For now, though-- it's time to abandon steaming bowls of soup until cold weather returns, and to run gleefully into the arms of fresh produce.
As you stand, smiling happily at all the fresh vegetables, it's totally possible that you'll become over-eager, and take home more veggies than you know what to do with. (This happens to me ALL THE TIME.)
Yes, you could make a salad-- salads are delicious-- but it's still chilly at night, and a little warmth would be nice. What should you do?
Try making these Veggie Wraps with Buffalo Cauliflower. They're filled with roasted, flavorful cauliflower and fresh, crisp vegetables, and are perfect for lunch or dinner!
Making Veggie Wraps with Buffalo Cauliflower
To make these wraps, simply toss your cauliflower in a little flour, water, hot sauce, and honey (or whatever sweetener you like).
Roast the cauliflower for about 20 minutes, and then pile it onto warm tortillas.
Add fresh spinach, tomatoes, and avocado-- or use whatever veggies you prefer or have on hand.
Drizzle some more hot sauce on top if you like, and top it off with some blue cheese dressing (traditional or vegan). Wrap the tortilla up, and enjoy the taste of spring!
Want more WRAPS + SANDWICH ideas? Try these:
Want more CAULIFLOWER recipes? Try these:
Veggie Wraps with Buffalo Cauliflower
- olive oil spray (or 1 TB olive oil for brushing baking sheet)
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water, plus more if needed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup hot sauce (Franks for traditional buffalo flavor, or use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon honey OR agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
Veggie Wraps: (Ingredient measurements are approximate)
- 4 10" tortillas
- 2 ounces fresh spinach (1 large handful)
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (~⅓ cup)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- To Serve: extra hot sauce, blue cheese dressing (traditional or vegan)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil, or brush with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, water, garlic, hot sauce, honey (or agave), and salt. If your cauliflower head is large, add extra water.Working in batches, add cauliflower to the bowl, and remove with a slotted spoon. Set coated cauliflower onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast 20-25 minutes. For extra crispy cauliflower, switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes. If broiling, watch cauliflower closely to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Warm tortillas, and serve with cauliflower, fresh veggies, as much dressing and hot sauce as you desire.