This Oven-Roasted Broccoli with Chili Flakes is a quick, easy, and delicious! It's also vegan, low-carb, and gluten-free-- making it a perfect side dish for both weeknight dinners and entertaining!
How do you feel about broccoli?
Growing up, I loved it-- but that's because it was a vessel for cheese sauce. Ah yes-- steamed broccoli, covered in gooey, delicious, melty cheese.
I've typically avoided the cruciferous veggie when it appears raw on a veggie tray at parties, because I can't help but envision myself with thousands of tiny green specks dotted all through my teeth as I chat my way through cocktail hour.
Recently, though-- I rediscovered the beautiful simplicity of oven-roasted broccoli. (No cheese required.)
This oven-roasted broccoli is drizzled with olive oil and salt, roasted until tender, and finished with a dash of spice and citrus.
Should I Buy a Broccoli Crown or Broccoli Head?
Either. Grab whichever looks the best at the store, or whichever you prefer.
Not sure what the difference is? Broccoli crowns have most of the stem cut off, and broccoli heads will have a longer stem attached.
What Do I Do With The Stem?
Broccoli stems are edible. For this recipe, you can either slice the stem thinly, or add the stem to your compost pile.
Can I Make Oven-Roasted Broccoli Ahead of Time and Reheat It?
Yes, but the broccoli will be a little less crisp. Make this right before serving, but feel free to put any leftovers in a container and eat them the next day.
Want more LOW-CARB SIDES? Try these:
- Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Charred Lemons
Want a LOW-CARB MAIN DISH? Try these:
Oven-Roasted Broccoli with Chili Flakes
This recipe makes 6 smaller side dish servings, or 4 more generous servings.
- 1 broccoli crown or head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 475ºF.
- Break broccoli into florets. Cut stalk into thin strips, or discard stalk.
- Arrange broccoli into a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle half the salt over the broccoli.
- Roast 13-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender and the edges have just begun to blacken.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining salt and chili flakes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over broccoli, or serve broccoli with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.