This Strawberry Lemonade with Lavender uses strawberries, lavender simple syrup, and lemons to make the perfect summer drink. For a delicious summer cocktail, add bourbon, gin, or vodka.
The husband has a favorite drink– he loves to bring home pre-made, organic strawberry lemonade. And I love to try and make a homemade version that’s better than the store-bought kind.
It’s a little game I play.
This Strawberry Lemonade with lavender is refreshing, delicious, and best of all– it’s easy!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
What exactly is in most powdered strawberry lemonade? You know– the kind you grew up drinking. The kind you got from the soda machine at McDonald’s.
I’m not 100% sure– and I’ll try to avoid crushing childhood memories here— but I’m pretty sure that the drink I had as a child contained zero strawberries. Zero.
This strawberry lemonade is different. This one uses real lemons, and real strawberries.
And guys– it’s SO GOOD. And EASY.
Can I Skip the Lavender?
Definitely. If you don’t like lavender, don’t have lavender, or just want to taste it without the lavender– simply leave the lavender out of the simple syrup.
Quick Tip: The recipe tells you to simmer the lavender in the sugar water for several minutes. If you skip the lavender, you can skip that step too. Simply heat the sugar until it dissolves into the water.
Can I Use Limes Instead and Make Strawberry Limeade?
Yes! Go for it! Limeade is delicious too!
Making Hard Strawberry Lemonade
In case you’re wondering– Yes! This is delicious as hard lemonade. It blends well with bourbon, gin, or vodka, and the liquor can either be stirred into the whole batch, or added glass by glass for those who want it.
Drink this lemonade on its own or as a cocktail, and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Want more STRAWBERRY recipe ideas? Try these:
Want more COLD, SUMMER DRINKS? Try these:
Strawberry Lemonade with Lavender
Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender petals (culinary grade)
- 6-8 lemons (approx. 1 cup fresh lemon juice), plus 1 more for garnish (sliced and deseeded)
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), plus more for garnish
Optional Hard Lemonade Add-Ins
- 9-12 oz gin or vodka, depending on desired alcohol content (optionally- add 1 ½ – 2 oz alcohol per 8oz of lemonade)
- Make simple syrup by adding sugar, lavender and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer about 5 minutes. Pour syrup through a mesh sieve into a measuring cup (or other spouted container), and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, juice lemons until you have about 1 cup of juice. Blend together lemon juice and strawberries, and pour into pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of cold water and half of the syrup. Taste the lemonade, and add more syrup if desired.Tip: Store remaining syrup in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a year. Use in your next batch of lemonade.
- If serving hard, add liquor to pitcher (or add to individual glasses as serving). Serve cold over ice with strawberry garnish.
Dawn @ Girl Heart Food
This lemonade sounds awesome! What a unique twist with the lavender! And that colour is just beautiful. This would indeed make for a delicious cocktail! Is it Thursday Thursday yet 😉 ?
I love it! But then I end up trying to figure out how to use or preserve it all somehow ack lol. And thanks!! Sigh.. Not Thursday or Friday yet lol
sue | theviewfromgreatisland
What a gorgeous combination of flavors — I’m hosting a baby shower later this month, and this is going on the menu!
This would be PERFECT for a baby shower!!! Enjoy!
Strawberry lemonade has got to be one of my favorite summertime drinks of all time! Next time, I’m going to make your version!
Charity Beth Long
This is right up my alley! These are some of my favorite flavors. I actually have a lavender cookie recipe this lemonade would be so good with!
I love that lemon and lavender combo so much! My lavender shrub died of old age last summer but I recently realized that my Sprouts Market sells culinary lavender buds! I need to make some of that simple syrup!