This Eggs Royale is a seafood twist on the classic Eggs Benedict. It’s made with smoked salmon, poached eggs, and a creamy yogurt sauce, and is a lighter take on the breakfast classic!
Is it okay for me to admit that I am NOT the one who usually makes breakfast?
Nope– the husband cooks for me.
Very rarely, I do stumble out of bed ambitiously and start frying eggs or making French Toast, but usually these early morning food rituals fall to him.
He makes the coffee and eggs– and sometimes, when he’s feeling like doing something fancy, he poaches the eggs. A few blissful times a year, he starts poaching eggs while we just happen to have leftover lox in the fridge.
And then the real magic happens, and we combine the two!
This Eggs Royale is the perfect healthy brunch. However, it comes together quickly– so quickly, in fact, that it doesn’t HAVE to be stuck in the “brunch” category.
Enjoy these smoked salmon eggs benedict breakfast stacks when you’re pressed for time, or when you’re enjoying a lazy morning around the house.
What is Eggs Royale?
Eggs royale is an Eggs Benedict with lox swapped out for Canadian bacon. In other words, it’s an English muffin, smoked salmon, a poached egg, and hollandaise sauce.
But today we’re kicking things up a notch.
How to Make Eggs Royale
Start by poaching your eggs, toasting the bread, and mixing together my faux-hollandaise.
It’s a healthy mustard and yogurt sauce– trust me on this one!
Quick Tip: Need help poaching an egg? Read this “Perfectly Poached Eggs” tutorial– it’s easy!!
Finally, I like to add sliced avocado to my eggs royale. But really, I like to add avocado to just about everything.
This is avocado toast made a million times better.
Stack the toast, avocado, salmon, and egg (in that order), and top it with a little green onion. Drizzle the yogurt sauce over your breakfast stack, and dig in!
Eggs Royale: Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict:
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, diced (for garnish, optional)
Creamy Yogurt Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- pinch salt, to taste
Poaching the Eggs:
- Bring about 3″ water to boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Set a mesh sieve in sink or over a bowl, and crack 1 egg into sieve. Allow egg to drain for a few seconds, and then carefully pour egg into the water. Repeat for each egg.
- Allow eggs to simmer for 3-5 minutes. (3 minutes for a runny egg, 5 minutes for a well done egg.)
- Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs from water. Set eggs on a paper towel to get rid of excess water.
Making the Creamy Yogurt Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together. Salt to taste.
Assembling the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict:
- Layer one slice of the English muffin, half the avocado, and half the smoked salmon.
- Add a poached egg to each stack, and top with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onion if desired. Serve immediately.