These easy two-ingredient Kombucha Popsicles are the perfect cool treat on a hot summer day! (No popsicle mold option!)
What do you do to beat the summer heat?
Do you hide inside with air conditioning? Do you shun the air conditioner and try to force your body to get used to the heat?
I like both tactics. But I also like eating all the cold things!
But seriously, guys– you can only go to the gym or run in the park so many days in a row before your muscles rebel– at some point you have to make a healthier frozen treat. (Or stop eating cold things. But that’s not an option.)
And so– I did. These healthy kombucha popsicles are EASY to make, use two ingredients, and you can even make them without a popsicle mold!
If you’re a kombucha lover, keep reading!
What is Kombucha?
Kombucha is a lightly fermented tea. You can buy it pre-made at the store, or make it yourself!
Try it: Check out my How to Make Kombucha tutorial.
Do I Need Popsicle Molds?
No– Although I think that the easiest way to make popsicles is to use a mold. (I use molds from Koji.)
If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use muffin trays, yogurt cups, or even ice cube trays to make popsicles.
Simply add the fruit first, then pour the kombucha in. Cover the faux-mold with plastic wrap, and stick a small stick (or popsicle stick, or half a popsicle stick) into the center of the popsicle.
Check out this article from the Kitchn for more help: 5 Ways to Make Popsicles without a Mold
What Flavor Kombucha Should I Use for Kombucha Popsicles?
I like to use a fruit-flavored kombucha for these popsicles, such as strawberry or cherry kombucha, but have fun with the recipe and experiment with your favorite flavors.
Kombucha Popsicle Flavor Ideas
Need inspiration? Try these combinations:
- Strawberry Kombucha + Bing Cherries
- Peach Kombucha + Strawberries
- Lavender Kombucha + Blueberries
- Strawberry Kombucha + Blackberries / Raspberries
- Ginger Kombucha + Strawberries
- Cayenne Kombucha + Strawberries
Want more COLD SUMMER TREATS? Try these:
- Kefir Ice Cream (No Churn Option)
- Granita Recipe with Berries + Whipped Ricotta
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Want more FERMENTED FOODS? Try these:
For EACH Popsicle: (See Recipe Notes)
- 2-3 berries, frozen or fresh (strawberries, cherries, or other fruit of choice)
- 3 oz fruit-flavored kombucha (such as strawberry, cherry, or peach)
- Popsicle Molds
- Cut large berries into small pieces, and leave small berries (like blueberries) whole. Fill the mold with loosely packed berries to the fill line on the mold. Pour kombucha in next to the fill line. Repeat with any additional molds.
- Freeze at least 2-3 hours. Run hot water on the outside of the mold, and pop the the popsicle out. Eat immediately.