This easy crab pizza is made with a ricotta and mozzarella white sauce and topped with crabmeat, avocado and fresh chives.
Servings: 8 slices
- 11 inch thin crust pizza dough (NOT pre-cooked) Jus-Rol Pizza "Round + Thin" dough recommended
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounce low-moisture mozzarella, sliced Or use shredded mozzarella
- 6 ounce can lump crab meat, well-drained Or use Dungeness crab meat (~3 legs), steamed + removed from shell
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup finely diced fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes Use more or less as desired
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place the pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and allow it to heat up as the oven pre-heats.Unroll the pizza dough and place on parchment paper. (If using Jus-Rol dough, the parchment paper is included.)Stir the garlic powder into the melted butter. Brush dough with the melted butter. Reserve any leftover butter. Remove the pizza stone or baking sheet from the oven. (Be careful, it will be hot!) Move the parchment paper and dough onto a pizza stone or baking sheet. Note: If baking pizza on an air-flow pizza pan, you should NOT add parchment paper.Bake for 5 minutes, and then remove the dough from the oven. (Leave the oven on.)
While the dough bakes, mix together the ricotta, Italian seasoning and salt.
Spread the ricotta mixture onto the partially cooked dough.
Top the ricotta with the sliced (or shredded) mozzarella.
Add the crab meat and avocado.Drizzle any leftover melted butter over the pizza. (If the butter has hardened, simply reheat it until it melts again.)
Cook the pizza for about 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
Allow pizza to cool for about 5 minutes. Top the pizza with diced chives and desired amount of red pepper flakes. Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 1mg