This bourbon sangria is made with dry red wine, fruit, and just a little juice for an easy pitcher cocktail that's perfect for fall and winter.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 apple or pear, roughly chopped
- 1 orange, peeled + sliced Or 2-3 mandarin oranges (peeled + sliced or segmented)
- 2 ounces bourbon Or use another unflavored whiskey
- 2 ounces apple cider (non-alcoholic) or orange juice Use more for a sweeter sangria
- 750 milliliter bottle cabernet sauvignon Or use another dry red wine
This recipe is easily halved (for a smaller group) or doubled (for a larger group).
To swap the juice for sparkling cider or hard cider, wait until just before serving to add the cider.
- Use all oranges, all apples or all pears
- Use plums, pomegranate seeds or persimmons
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg