Lemon Shrimp Risotto
This dairy-free lemon shrimp risotto is made with seafood broth, Arborio rice, shrimp and lemon. Optionally, add shrimp (or prawn) roe for extra flavor and color!
Servings: 2 people
- 3 cups seafood stock Or use vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes Use ½ teaspoon for a little more heat.
- shrimp or prawn roe (optional, amount variable) Or use a small pinch of saffron (also optional)
- 1 cup dry white wine Or use an additional 1 cup stock or broth
- 8 ounces shrimp, shells + tails removed, shrimp deveined
- 1 lemon, zested + juiced (divided)
- extra sea salt, to taste (optional) Amount of salt needed will depend on how salty your stock or broth is.
Serves 2 generously or makes 4 smaller servings. (If serving 4, serve along with other side dishes.)
Prep Time does not include preparing shrimp. It is difficult to know how long shrimp prep will take, because shrimp can be purchased in all stages of preparation. Be aware that if your shrimp need to be fully prepped, it will increase the prep time.
- If adding roe or saffron, the risotto will be a deep orange color.
- If omitting roe or saffron, you can (optionally) add a dash of turmeric to add a golden yellow color to the dish. Add the turmeric near the end of the cook time along with the shrimp.
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 2060mg | Potassium: 719mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 7mg