These easy crab nachos are made with tortilla chips, cheese, Dungeness (or canned) crab, and a quick garlic yogurt sauce. Perfect for a quick dinner or game day!
Servings: 4 people
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (Half of a 16oz bag)
- 5 ounces queso fresco, crumbled ~Half a wheel
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces ~Half a ball
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅛ cup pickled jalapeños
- 6 ounces Dungeness crab legs (~3 crab legs), steamed and removed from shell Or swap canned crab
- 2 tablespoons diced chives
Garlic Sauce (Optional):
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Extra Toppings (Optional):
Serves 4 (small portions) or 2 (larger portions).
Cook Time: Keep in mind that the cook time DOES NOT include steaming or shelling the crab. Crab can be prepared up to 3 days ahead of time and refrigerated.
Crab is typically sold either pre-cooked or alive. This recipe assumes that you are using pre-cooked crab legs.
Need more help prepping the crab? Learn more here: How to Steam + Crack Crab Legs
Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1202mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 787IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 548mg | Iron: 2mg