This baked coconut salmon is made with salmon coated in toasted coconut and seasoned Panko breadcrumbs, and served with an easy tahini sauce.
Servings: 2 people
Baked Mustard Salmon:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅛ cup Panko breadcrumbs Use gluten-free certified Panko if needed
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened) See Recipe Notes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (optional, for spice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces salmon (2 fillets)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
Tahini Sauce (Optional):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (1 oz)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (1 ½ oz)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Coconut variations: If using coconut flakes (or flaked coconut) instead of smaller, softer shredded coconut, blitz the coconut in a food processor first to finely shred the coconut.
Salmon skin is edible but it won't be crisp. Discard skin if desired.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 690mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg