Black Bean Nachos
These easy vegetarian black bean nachos are made with tortilla chips, cheese, black beans, and a quick garlic yogurt sauce. Perfect for a quick dinner or game day!
Servings: 4 people
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (Half of a 16oz bag)
- 6 ounces pepperjack or Monterey Jack cheese, freshly grated Use more if desired
- 14 ounces can black beans, drained Or use pinto beans
- 2 ounces sliced black olives (Half of a 4oz can)
- 1 tomato, diced (optional) Skip if out of season
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅛ cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 green onions, finely diced (green tops only)
Garlic Sauce (Optional):
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ lemon, juiced
Extra Toppings (Optional):
Serves 4 (small portions) or 2 (larger portions).
This recipe can easily be adapted to include your favorite nacho toppings (or exclude ones you don't like). The only essential ingredients are the chips and cheese. If adding meat, make sure to cook the meat before adding it to the nachos.
Calories: 679kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1465mg | Potassium: 909mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 552mg | Iron: 4mg