White Sweet Potato Fries
If you love sweet potatoes, try these white sweet potato fries! These oven fries are baked until crispy and tossed with cinnamon and cayenne.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 pound white sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne Or swap favorite seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
If desired, peel potatoes (optional). Cut the potatoes into long slices, about ¼" wide and deep.
Lay the fries in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne and cinnamon, and toss with your hands to mix the spices.
Bake fries for 20 minutes, and then turn the fries. Bake 10 more minutes, or until golden. (Bake time will depend on how crispy you want your fries.)
Remove fries from the oven, and sprinkle with salt.
Serve hot with your prefered dip.
Recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a crowd.
Seasoning adaption: Try swapping garlic powder for your favorite spice blend.
- I love these fries with Old Bay seasoning.
- If using a spice blend with elements that will burn easily (like Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel or their Nori Komi Furikake Japanese blend), add the spice with the salt after cooking.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2451mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 32384IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg