Crispy Oven Fries
Do you love French fries, but want a healthier alternative? These crispy oven fries are easy to prepare, and there's no frying required! Serve them with the spicy yogurt sauce, ketchup, or your favorite dip.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 large Russet (baking) potatoes
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder Or swap favorite seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
Spicy Yogurt Sauce (Optional):
- ½ cup plain yogurt (whole milk preferred)
- 2 tsp favorite (mild) hot sauce I used Cholula. Use more or less hot sauce depending on heat level of the hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Cut the potatoes into long slices, about ¼" wide and deep.
Lay the fries in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Bake fries for 20 minutes, and then turn the fries. Bake 10-15 more minutes. (Bake time will depend on how crispy you want your fries.)
Remove fries from the oven, and sprinkle with salt.
If making sauce, mix yogurt and hot sauce together with a spoon.
Serve hot with sauce (or with your prefered dip).
Recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a crowd.
Seasoning adaption: Try swapping garlic powder for your favorite spice blend.
- I love these fries with Old Bay seasoning.
- If using a spice blend with elements that will burn easily (like Trader Joe's Everything Bagel or their Nori Komi Furikake Japanese blend), add the spice with the salt after cooking.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2338mg | Potassium: 924mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg