This quick and easy lox spread is made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, and fresh herbs. It's perfect spread on a bagel or crêpe!
Servings: 8 people
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese (Greek or regular)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 4 oz lox cold-smoked salmon (See Recipe Notes)
- 2 TB capers
- 2 TB caper brine
- ½ tsp prepared horseradish (or sub freshly grated), optional
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 sprig dill, destemmed and roughly chopped
Yields about 2 cups of spread. Serving size is estimated at 2oz of spread per person.
Shopping for Lox:
- Both traditional lox and cold-smoked salmon will work in this recipe.
- You're looking for cold-smoked salmon, which is brightly colored, partially translucent, thinly shaved pieces of salmon.
- For this recipe, skip the hot-smoked salmon, which is plumper, opaque, and looks like a cooked fillet of salmon.
- You'll find lox in the refrigerated seafood area in the grocery store.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.3mg