Mango Lassi with Kefir
This cold and refreshing Mango Lassi is made with Milk Kefir! Enjoy this sweet, probiotic-packed summer drink.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 very ripe mango, cubed OR 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 ½ cups plain milk kefir OR coconut milk kefir
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional, to taste)
- pinch cayenne powder (optional)
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
Blend mango and kefir together.
Taste, and sweeten to taste with honey if desired.
If using fresh mango, blend ice cubes into for a colder drink. Alternatively, serve with whole ice cubes.
Serve with a small pinch of cayenne (optional), and drink immediately.
Leftovers / Make Ahead: Smoothies can be stored in the fridge and used within 2-3 days.
Makes 2 large drinks, or 4 small.
Nutrition information is calculated without the optional honey.
- For a thicker lassi, add a dollop of plain yogurt.
- For a thinner lassi, add a little more milk kefir.
- For a traditional lassi, use 1 cup of Greek yogurt + ½ cup milk instead of kefir.
- Don't like heat? Add a pinch of ground cardamom instead of cayenne.
- Mango strawberry lassi: Use ½ cup mango + ½ cup strawberries instead of all mango.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 0.1mg