Sardine Fish Wraps
These quick sardine fish wraps are an easy, healthy lunch on the go! They're perfect as a packed lunch for work, and are ideal for road trips and camping.
Servings: 1 person
- 1 10" flour tortilla
- 2 ounces sardines packed in olive oil, oil reserved (Half of a 4-ounce can) King Oscar Brisling Sardines recommended
- ½ ounces fresh spinach (1 small handful)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ avocado (optional), or use more to taste Skip for "on the go" preparations
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
Warm tortillas. Add the sardines (without the oil), spinach, tomatoes and avocado (if using).
Add the mustard and honey in a small bowl and stir together. Add the reserved oil, and stir again.
Pour the dressing into the wrap, and serve immediately.
This recipe is for one wrap, and uses ½ a traditional 4oz can of sardines. To avoid having leftover fish, either make 2 wraps, use more fish on one wrap, or use a smaller 2oz "snack size" sardine can.
How to Make this Wrap "On the Go":
Nutrition information does not include optional avocado.
- At the Office: Prep the veggies at home the night before, and add the mustard, honey, and salt to a small portable container. Warm the tortilla in a microwave if available. Rinse out the sardine container immediately to prevent "fish smells" in the office.
- On a Road Trip: Pack the veggies ahead of time, and store in a cooler. If desired, swap the homemade dressing for a premade honey mustard, and discard the oil from the sardine tin. Store the empty sardine tin in sealable disposable bag to prevent "fish smells" in the car.
- While Camping: Heat the tortillas on a camp stove, directly on the flames for about 5 seconds, until they begin to bubble up. Use metal tongs to remove the tortillas from the burner.
- While Backpacking: Skip the veggies. Use a premade honey mustard, and discard the oil from the sardine tin. Store the empty sardine tin in sealable disposable bag to prevent "fish smells" on the trail.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1634IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 5mg