Vegan Ratatouille Tian
This vegan Ratatouille Tian is a combination of two easy French dishes, and is perfect for flavorful vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes, and summer squash.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cups tomato sauce
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sprigs fresh herbs (like oregano, basil, thyme), plus more for garnish
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced (or 3 medium tomatoes)
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- For serving: couscous or crusty white bread, yogurt (vegan or dairy) (Use cauliflower rice for low carb option)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a medium-size baking dish. Add 1 TB oil, salt, and fresh herbs.
Gather your sliced veggies (tomato, zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant). Beginning at the outer edge of the baking dish, start layering the veggies concentrically towards the center.
Cover with parchment paper, and roast about 45 minutes. Vegetables should be wilted but not brown.
Serve ratatouille with more fresh herbs, couscous or crusty bread, and optional yogurt.
Leftovers:Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.Make Ahead:Ratatouille can be completely assembled ahead of time. Bake right before serving.
- Change the veggies: Swap bell peppers or onions for one of the vegetables in the recipe
- (Not vegan) Add cheese: Sprinkle with goat cheese, parmesan, or feta before serving
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 918mg | Potassium: 1124mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1905IU | Vitamin C: 47.2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.7mg