Healthy Tuna Salad
This easy Healthy Tuna Salad with Wasabi is filled ready in minutes, and packed with flavor. This salad is perfect all by itself, piled into sandwiches, or scooped onto crackers.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 5oz can chunk light tuna (in water), drained* (See Recipe Notes)
- ~2 TB olive oil, depending on desired consistency (See Recipe Notes)
- 1/8 cup water chestnuts, diced OR bamboo shoots, diced
- 1/8 cup capers
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp wasabi OR 1 tsp horseradish and 1/2 tsp crushed mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- To serve (optional): bread, crackers
Combine tuna, oil, water chestnuts, and capers. Add wasabi, ginger, and red pepper to taste, adding more or less according to desired level of spiciness.
Serve with salad alone, with bread, or with crackers.
Leftovers / Make Ahead:This tuna salad will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional crackers, bread etc.
- If you prefer tuna packed in olive oil, simply reduce (or eliminate) the additional olive oil in this recipe.
- If you have chili-infused olive oil, this would be a great chance to use it! Simply substitute it for the olive oil and omit the crushed red pepper.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 520mg | Potassium: 152mg | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.7mg