Wasabi Tuna Salad
This easy wasabi tuna salad is made with olive oil, capers, watercress, ginger, red chili flakes, and wasabi. It's spicy, delicious, and perfect for lunch!
Servings: 2 people
- 5 oz tuna, packed in water (1 can or packet) For oil-packed tuna, see recipe notes
- 1/8 cup water chestnuts, drained + diced Or swap bamboo shoots
- 2 TB capers
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp wasabi or horseradish (prepared or cream-style), plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 TB olive oil, or more if desired Or swap chili oil + skip chili flakes
- To serve (optional): bread, crackers
Combine tuna, water chestnuts, and capers. Add wasabi, ginger, and red pepper to taste, adding more or less according to desired level of spiciness.Add olive oil and stir together, adding more oil if desired.Serve with salad alone, with bread, or with crackers. Leftovers / Make Ahead:This tuna salad will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
If you prefer tuna packed in olive oil, simply reduce (or eliminate) the additional olive oil in this recipe.
Nutrition information does not include optional crackers, bread etc.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg