This quick and easy persimmon smoothie is made with gorgeous persimmons, milk kefir, almonds, and a dash of maple syrup. It's perfect for breakfast, as a post-workout drink, or even a light dessert!
Servings 2 people
- 1 fuyu persimmon, leaves and core removed
- 1 cup plain milk kefir OR coconut milk kefir
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 10 almonds
- 2 ice cubes, optional
- dash cayenne, optional (to serve)
Blend all ingredients except cayenne together until smooth.
Taste, sweeten more if desired. Add more milk or ice if the consistency is too thick.
Serve with a dash of cayenne if desired.
Store smoothies in the fridge, and drink within 2-3 days.
Makes 2 small smoothies or 1 large smoothie.
- Refrigerate: Store in a sealed jar or cup for 2-3 days. Shake before serving.
- Freeze: Store in individual size jars (such as 8oz canning jars) and freeze for up to 6 months. Move to the refrigerator 24 hours before drinking to allow time to thaw, or use as the ice pack in a lunch bag and it should be thawed by lunch time. Shake before serving.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 96mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 0.5mg