This quick and easy Mackerel Salad is a healthy, low-mercury alternative to tuna salad, and is perfect for lettuce wraps and sandwiches, packed lunches and light dinners.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 4oz can mackerel, oil drained King Oscar Mackerel recommended
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (whole milk), or sub mayo (Use mayo to stay dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 TB relish, dill or sweet
To Serve (Optional):
- whole grain bread, romaine lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices, sweet bell pepper slices
Use a fork to mix together all salad ingredients in a bowl.
Serve immediately with desired ingredients, or keep chilled for a packed lunch.
Leftovers:Store leftover mackerel salad for up to 2-3 days in the fridge.
Recipe variations: Make sure to add more yogurt or mayonnaise if the added ingredients affect the moisture level of the salad.
Nutrition information does not include optional fruit or serving add-ons.
- More veggies: Add finely diced celery or red onion to the salad
- More protein: Add sunflower seeds
- Add herbs: Add thyme, chopped parsley or green onion
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 47mg | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.2mg