This Dutch Baby recipe is a twist on Korean Seafood Pancakes. Make this savory brunch recipe at home or over the campfire!
Makes 4 small servings, or 2 larger servings.
Thinner Dutch Baby (Larger Cast Iron Pan):
Use a larger cast iron pan (like a 12" pan) for a slightly thinner pancake.
Dutch Oven variation:
Use a 10" cast iron Dutch oven instead of a pan.
Mini Dutch Babies (Smaller Cast Iron Pans):
- Pour a layer of batter (about 1/2" thick) into mini cast iron pans or cocottes.
- Bake time may vary depending on the size of the containers-- begin checking on the pancakes at 10 minutes.
- Serve one egg per Dutch baby.
- More egg toppings: Serve one egg per person, instead of one egg total.
- Use regular, non-flavored sardines: Sprinkle sardines with freshly ground black pepper after searing in the hot pan. (Avoid adding pepper before searing-- the pepper can burn and become bitter.)