This list of top Small Appliance Essentials for a Tiny Kitchen is a collection of food and drink gadgets and gizmos that I use on a regular basis. These contraptions have earned their spot in my extremely limited space! Plus, check out a few recipes that use my favorite appliances!
Do you love kitchen gadgets? Do you find yourself wandering through the kitchen aisles, envisioning all the amazing things you could do with each machine? It can be easy, even in a spacious kitchen, to find yourself overwhelmed with too many appliances. For those of us with teeny, itty-bitty spaces, however, it can be a struggle to keep your kitchen uncluttered and usable.
Today’s post is a list of my Small Appliance Essentials for a Tiny Kitchen. These gizmos and gadgets made the cut– they were worth trading space for convenience. Obviously, your kitchen needs might be different than mine. For instance, if you don’t drink coffee, then you probably don’t need TWO coffee appliances. (Yes, two… I can’t help it!) If you bake on a regular basis, maybe you found room for a stand mixer in your small space. Take a look at my top picks, and then let me know what yours are!
Appliances that Stay on the Counter
There are only three small appliances that stay out on my countertops at all times. Yes, you read that right– just three. When counter space is like gold– this is what survived the chopping block.
- Delonghi DEDICA Espresso Machine* – This fabulous, compact espresso maker earns its place on my limited counter space. (Technically, it lives on a rolling bar cart that masquerades as an extra countertop.) We use it daily, and while it isn’t a tiny or unsubstantial appliance, at only 6″ wide- it’s a sleek and gorgeous espresso-making beauty.
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Electric Kettle – I use my electric tea kettle CONSTANTLY. This little workhorse of a machine gets used all day long– and not just for tea. Okay, mostly for tea, but also for speeding up the water-boiling process when I’m trying to cook oatmeal, grits, or couscous just a little bit faster than I could otherwise. Plus, the kettle is cute– and that’s always a plus!
- BELLA Stainless Steel Toaster – Because, you know– I like my English muffins warm. BELLA stopped carrying the exact toaster I use, but all of their retro-style toasters are sleek and shiny. Plus, the extra-wide bread slots are perfect for bagels and big, thick slices of French bread.
Appliances that live in a cabinet
My kitchen doesn’t have massive amounts of storage, but I do have a few deep shelves where I keep small appliances that I use often, but don’t have room for on the counter.
- DeLonghi Dedica Conical Burr Grinder* – In an ideal space, this sleek coffee grinder would live right next to its espresso maker companion , but there’s simply no space in my kitchen. Just like its counterpart, this sleek beast is only about 6″ wide, and slides right into its home inside my designated ‘coffee accessories’ cabinet next to a milk frothing jar and a bag of coffee beans.
- Cuisinart Smart Power Blender System – This compact blender system has been perfect for smoothies, salsas, and even hummus! It used to live on the counter, but since I haven’t been making smoothies as often as I used to, it now lives in an easy-to-access space inside a cabinet.
- Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor – As much as I love my blender, this food processor has been just as amazing. If you find yourself struggling to finely blend ingredients to a pulp without adding loads of liquid– you need a food processor. This mini food processor has been perfect for my tiny kitchen, because it barely takes up any space! Anytime I’ve needed to blend up more than it can handle, I simply work in batches.
- Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Digital Slow Cooker – I love having a slow cooker that’s portable, and has a programmable timer. I have zero permanent counter space for this beast of a machine, but love having it available, so it lives in a cabinet. (I’ve also been eyeing this Ninja 3-in-1 Slow Cooker— if you’ve used it, let me know how you like it!)
- Cuisinart 2-Speed Series Immersion Blender – If you’ve never used an immersion blender– they’re fantastic! I mainly use mine to blend up soup, and no longer worry about ladling hot broth into a stand blender. The best part is– immersion blender sticks are fairly small and compact, so there’s no space issues!
- Electric Grill / Panini Press – An electric grill might not be the FIRST thing you think of when you’re short on space, but when the husband moved in, he brought along his (now discontinued) Waring Grill with removable plates. We use it fairly often to make paninis, pancakes, and even to grill fruit. It slides right into a slot in one of my cabinets, and every time I bite into a perfectly grilled panini, I forgive the grill for being slightly larger than I would prefer. (The Cuisinart grill in the link is the closest substitute I could find for the discontinued Waring model.)
Cuisinart Vertical Waffle Maker – Awhile back, I worked with Cuisinart on this recipe for Coconut Waffles. I didn’t include the waffle maker on my ‘essentials’ list, because waffle-making is usually a special ‘snow day’ occasion for me, and it only happens a few times a year. However, I’m still impressed with how compact this little beauty is! If you’re looking for a Belgian waffle maker that will fit in a small space, this one is fantastic!
Do you use any of the same appliances? What small appliances are essential in your kitchen? Let me know in the comments!
Recipes That Use My Favorite Appliances
*Both De’Longhi appliances were sent to me by De’Longhi as part of a sponsored post in 2016. The coffee love-gushing, however, is all me– They are, by far, the best little coffee machines I’ve ever owned!